One Fly Etiquette
Helpful Hints To Make Your One Fly Experience More Enjoyable
- Be Prepared! The weather in Jackson changes dramatically during the One Fly. Check the forecast and dress accordingly
- Pre-check your equipment: rods, reels, fly lines, leaders, tippet, floatant, desiccant, super-glue, clippers, scissors, etc.
- Be on time!
- Learn the rules of competitive fly-fishing
- Respect your fellow contestant’s fishing lane
- Agree, before you launch, on boat position and how often you will switch
- Read the One Fly rules before you start fishing.
- Expect to eat lunch “on the fly”
- Attempt to select your fly prior to arriving at the assigned stretch of river, but bring alternatives in case conditions are not what you anticipated.
- The One Fly guides are the very best! They will work hard for you and the event. A minimum of a $75.00 gratuity is recommended.